There are many reasons why a person may need a lawyer. Anytime you are wronged and someone else is a fault, whether in a family situation, work situation, or as a consumer, legal action may be needed to bring justice and allow you compensation for the wrongdoing. Lawsuits for medical concerns are common, and one reason someone may seek a lawsuit is in the case of developing health conditions due to asbestos exposure.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral found around the world. Most of the time, people get in contact with asbestos without their knowledge and the risks associated with it. Mesothelioma is a type of severe cancer that comes as a result of exposure to asbestos fibers. The fibers, once inhaled they damage the mesothelial cells of the vital internal organs of the body. In the 1930s and the 70s, many asbestos processing companies were making huge profit margins.
After knowing the dangers of asbestos, they did not inform their casual laborers about them. It was only a matter of time before they started experiencing severe health complications. On noticing the impending lawsuits against them, they moved to court and were declared bankrupt. They formed different trust funds to compensate victims of mesothelioma. With a proper diagnosis and exposure confirmed, most of these cases don’t make it to trial because companies choose to settle instead. Law firms such as Simmons, Hanly, & Conroy can help you get compensated through the various trust funds set aside by the asbestos processing companies.
Examples of asbestos trust funds include;
- United States Gypsum Trust
- Pittsburgh Corning Corporation Trust
- W.R Grace and Co. Trust
- DII Industries Trust
Why do you need a good lawyer?
- Legal representation is a vital part of any settlement case. You may lack the expertise in legal matters, and having a lawyer will serve you right. It helps you have the best settlement deal or the best chances of winning a trial.
- A mesothelioma law firm helps in finding undisputed evidence that ensures that the settlement case outcome favors you. They will gather expert opinions, other victims’ testimonies, and exhibits of asbestos to present to the jury and ensure you win the case.
- A lawyer will ensure that all the necessary procedure about the trial is taken care of. You will do a minimum of nothing because they want you to focus entirely on your health and spend time with your family.
- Most of the mesothelioma victims have a life span of about two years when they are without treatment. Thus, time is minimal, and trials long take time sometimes. Having a legal team working on your case will hasten your case and ensure you or your family get compensated early enough so that you seek treatment.
- Most mesothelioma law firms are not just after the money. They want to see that the victims and their families get closure, and they are well compensated.
- They have vast experience in mesothelioma and asbestos-related cases. These law firms give all the information about settles and trial of these cases on their websites. Victims will find this very useful.
Being exposed to asbestos while at work is an injustice, and a lawsuit is a fight that you should not be fighting alone. Having a good mesothelioma lawyer working to help you will take a massive burden off your shoulder and help you focus on other things that matter. They are very affordable and some even offer a free consultation.