Your collections say a lot about you. Whether you collect coins or coffee mugs, crystals or Funko Pop! figures, the items you collect and celebrate make you unique. Seeing your prized collectibles displayed properly is sure to bring a big smile to your face, so let’s take a look at how you can display your items with the thought and care they deserve.
Treat Your Walls Like a Canvas (Because They Are!)
Gallery walls aren’t just for framing family photos. They’re a fantastic way to transform a boring wall into an attention-grabbing showcase for your treasures. If the idea of creating a gallery wall is (understandably) intimidating, don’t worry!
There are a plethora of tools and services that can help you find the right frames. You can even display 3D items on your walls with shadowboxes and other special frames meant to hold objects. If you have art prints and posters, you can also integrate them into your gallery wall.
As you start to conceptualize your gallery wall, keep the following tips in mind:
- Choose frames that won’t distract from your collection—they’re the main event, after all
- Use a tape measure and level for accurate hanging
- Mix and match frame sizes and materials
- Leave enough wall space between items to accentuate each individual element
Use Cabinets to Control Chaos
If you do have the space for a dedicated piece of furniture, we recommend purchasing a high-quality cabinet. Not only will a cabinet give you a great place to show off your prized possessions, but it will also help keep them organized and protected from unexpected bumps and bangs.
No matter how much you love your collector’s items, you probably don’t want them spilling into every corner of your home.
You Have More Shelving Options Than You Think
Let’s face it. Not everyone has ample space to set up a massive shelving unit. Don’t fret! If you don’t want to take up half of your living room with a huge display case or wall of shelves, we have a unique solution for you: floating shelves.
Floating shelves look great, are easy to install, and add eye-catching visual interest to any room. Plus, you can add more shelves as your collection grows—more reason to keep seeking out those exciting new additions!
Think Outside the Box
As a kid, you probably stored your collectables in a shoebox under your bed. As an adult, the possibilities for displaying your collector’s items are much broader.
Check out these creative options that are (literally) outside the box:
- Take advantage of less than obvious storage spaces – Do you have space above your doorway? How about your kitchen cabinets where you’d usually store kitchen supplies? If so, you have awesome built-in options to display your favorites.
- Make your mantle a display piece – If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace, you’ve got the perfect place to showcase any kind of collection. With your prized possessions nearby, you’ll probably find yourself spending more time cozied up by the fire, too!
- Use a nest of tables – These cute accent tables fit neatly within each other, saving space when you’re not displaying your favorite collectibles.
- Every room is an option – Don’t discount the idea of displaying your collectibles in your bathroom, home office, laundry room, or basement. Doing so will add a little unexpected joy to your everyday routine.
Your collectibles are unique—the way you display them should be, too!
Amassing a great collection isn’t easy, and neither is finding a way to display your dedication. Now that you know a few great ways to make your prized possessions shine, you have all the more reason to keep pursuing your passions.